Empowered Digital Use Policy
The North Middlesex Regional School Committee recognizes the need for students to be prepared to contribute to and excel in a connected, global community. To that end, the district provides ongoing student instruction that develops digital skill sets for using technology as a tool. Information and communication technology are integrated across subjects and grades in developmentally appropriate ways and are aligned with the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and standards.
The Superintendent or designee shall implement, monitor, and evaluate the district’s system/network for
instructional and administrative purposes. All users shall acknowledge that using digital devices, whether personal or school owned, in conjunction with the district network, including access to the Internet, is a privilege and must be in accordance with the school district guidelines.
The Superintendent or designee shall develop and implement administrative guidelines, regulations, procedures, and user agreements, consistent with law and policy, which shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Digital devices, software, and networks shall be used in school for educational purposes and activities.
- Every individual’s personal information (including home/mobile phone numbers, mailing addresses, and passwords) shall be kept private.
- Individuals will show respect for themselves and others when using technology, including social media.
- Users shall give acknowledgement to others for their ideas and work.
- Users shall report use of technology that is in violation of law or district policy immediately.
These procedures shall be reviewed on an ongoing basis by district administration with input from students and teachers to provide a springboard for teaching and learning around topics such as internet safety, appropriate use of digital resources, and ethical use of technology.