If you recently moved to a town within the North Middlesex Regional School district and wish to register, please contact the appropriate school based on your new town of residence and grade level. See the table below.
|9 - 12||North Middlesex Regional
|Ashby or Townsend||5 - 8||Hawthorne Brook
|Pepperell||5 - 8||Nissitissit
|Ashby||K - 4||Ashby
|Townsend||K - 4||Spaulding Memorial
|Pepperell||K - 4||Varnum Brook
Early Childhood Center
Please be prepared to provide the following as part of the registration process:
- Photo ID for the parent/guardian. This can be a driver's license, a state issued ID, passport, or military ID.
- Proof of your current address. Any one of the following documents can be used for proof of address:
- A recent utility bill containing your name and address.
- A copy of your current lease. Rent cost can be blacked out.
- A copy of paperwork from the property closing for you current home showing the owner's name, address, and the date. The purchase price can be blacked out.
- Up-to-date immunization records. The district requires that students must have immunizations that are up-to-date for school entry at the time of registration.
- Your child's original birth certificate (with raised seal), passport, or Form I-9.
- Name, address, and phone number of your student's previous school.
- Contact information for all parent/guardians and any other emergency contacts.
- Any legal or court documentation regarding custody, if applicable.
Preschool information sessions are scheduled in February of each year, Please contact the Squannacook Early Childhood Center for more information and current registration forms.
Residents of nearby communities may apply for registration within the North Middlesex Regional School District through School Choice.
The Massachusetts school choice law (MGL c.76, s.12B) was enacted in 1991 to allow parents to send their children to public schools in communities other than that in which they reside. School committees choose whether or not to become school choice receiving districts, and they may designate a maximum number of available school choice seats for an upcoming year. If there are more applicants than available openings, the selection of students must be conducted on a random basis, and must be free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national original, sex, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, athletic performance, physical handicap, special need or academic proficiency. This opportunity is only available for Massachusetts residents. If accepted to attend within the district, students will NOT be eligible for district provided transportation. Parents/guardians are required to transport their children to school and must do so in a timely manner to maintain enrollment.
If you are interested in applying to the North Middlesex School District through School Choice, please contact the appropriate school using the contact information above and ask about applying for School Choice.